Laminate flooring is popular all over the US and particularly Houston. It is a kind of flooring that can mimic wood, stone, tile and other materials. The surface of the flooring is a photo image of the product it is imitating. The flooring is in fact made from long lasting laminate plastic. Laminate flooring is substantially less costly than buying genuine hardwood, tile or stone flooring. Deciding on and purchasing the flooring is the first step in installing your new floors.
- Measure the length and width of the space.
- Multiply these 2 numbers together to get the square footage. Add at least 10 percent to this number to count for waste. Repeat Steps 1 and 2 for each room.
- Combine all the square footage plus 10 percent for each space.
- Divide the overall square feet by the number of square feet in each box of flooring. Depending on where you purchase your flooring from, this number will differ.
- Use just the square footage number, not including the 10 percent, to determine the amount of padding you will need.
- Measure the width of doorways or any locations where you will need shift pieces. Relying on where you purchase your flooring from, you will know the number of pieces to order. Bear in mind these pieces can be cut to fit.
- Measure the boundary of each room to understand the number of skirting boards or beading you will have to explore the outside of each space to fill the gap between the flooring and the walls. Add 10 percent to this number to count for waste.
Determine where you would buy such flooring. Research rates online and in home improvement stores. Sale flooring stores are also a choice. Continue reading